Monday 12 July 2010

London Part 1

On Saturday Gus came along with my Mum and I on a day trip to London.

We started our trip at Basildon train station and got the C2C train to Fenchurch Street, which is opposite the Tower Of London and London Bridge. So we stopped there for a little while to take in the sights and get some photos. I'm saving most of them for his scrapbook though :)




We then headed to Embankment station. My favourite sushi shop Wasabi is at Embankment, so we stopped off there and I spent £12 on sushi lol! Gus had a big seaweed Onigiri - he said it was yummy!

After our sushi stop in a nearby park we walked along to Chinatown, but on the way we passed Leicester Square and Trafalgar Square - que more photos at places like the Odeon cinema where they do all the premieres, Nelsons Column and the National Gallery.



I've never been to Chinatown before, even though I've been visiting London for 25 years, so it was all new to me too! It was great there - all the chinese resturants and shops selling asian goods. Gus' favourite shop was a sweet shop that sold Japanese sweets and food. He talked me into buying a big tin of wasabi peas to take home with me, and some fun chocs for Becky. While we were in Chinatown we also visited some gift shops, where again we collected some bits for Gus to send home with him.


We then wanted to visit Covent Garden, but got lost :( But it was great that it happened as we found some fab shops along the way! There was a Kidrobot shop, The London Bead Store and a cute shop selling Totoro toys and gifts! I spent waaaaay to much money in these places!

We got back on the train and headed to Bethnal Green. It was one of the hottest days of the year on Saturday and the trains were all sticky and nasty. Gus hated it, he said he thought England would be all rainy and cold!

At Bethnal Green we visited the Bust magazine Craftacular - a big craft fair that's held at York Hall twice a year. As Gus is a turkey he didn't have to pay to go in! He had fun looking at all the great crafts available there and stopped off at the bar for a coke.

Back on the train and we were heading back to Bank station, where we got a connecting train to take us back to Fenchurch Street and home. We were all really tired when we got back, but Gus said he'd had a fab day looking round London. I told him if he liked it that much we could go back one day soon and look at more of the sights if he liked, and he jumped at the chance! So there will be a London Part 2 coming soon!

2 comments:

  1. So jealous! I can't believe how much you did in one day!

    I love all the photos so I can't wait to see the ones that are just for the scrapbook! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're liking them!! :D

    ReplyDelete